Monday 12 July 2010

Caught in a Lie

One day a neighbour asked Nasreddin Hodja if he could borrow Hodja's donkey.
`Hodja Effendi, we need a donkey for a few hours. Could I take yours?'
`I would gladly lend you my donkey, my neighbour,' the Hodja started his excuse, `but he is not here.' Just at that moment the donkey's loud and long bray is heard from the shed.
`Shame on you Hodja Effendi,' said the neighbour, `you are caught in a lie, your donkey is braying in the shed.'
`My dear fellow,' Nasreddin Hodja was unrepentant, `are you going to believe the word of a Hodja or are you going to believe a donkey?'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

4lch3m1st © 2008. Design by :Yanku Templates Religion Blogs Muslim Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Religion Top Blogs TopOfBlogs The Alchemy of Happiness Religion Blogs