Saturday 23 January 2010

The ill Omen

Padishah was returning from hunting. As he was coming out of the forest, he ran into Nasreddin Hodja. Padishah's horse was startled by the sudden appearance of the Hodja and his donkey, and halted unexpectedly. In the unfortunate mishap, the Padishah fell off from his horse. He was furious. He ordered the Hodja's head to be chopped off.

`My Padishah,' the Hodja dared to question, `why do you want your harmless slave's head off?'
`Because you appeared before me and you brought me bad luck.'

`O peerless Padishah, with all due respect, you appeared before me and you brought me even worse luck. You merely fell off from your horse, but I am the one who is going to lose his head. Who is an ill omen, you or me?'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

4lch3m1st © 2008. Design by :Yanku Templates Religion Blogs Muslim Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Religion Top Blogs TopOfBlogs The Alchemy of Happiness Religion Blogs